Prenatal massage is a type of therapy that concentrates on the particular necessities of a mother-to-be as her body experiences dramatic adjustments due to pregnancy. It improves the function of joints and muscles, enhances overall body tone and circulation, and eases physical and mental fatigue.
This noninvasive and gentle approach can relieve discomfort connected to pregnancy. Serenity Massages of the Palm Beaches lists the following advantages of a prenatal massage, which comprise an array of psychological, physiological and emotional benefits:
- Relieves stress on musculofascial structures and weight-bearing joints; and
- Raises blood circulation, which offers more nutrients and oxygen to both fetus and mother. It also motivates the lymph system, thus improving toxins removal and immunity.
- Soothes hormonal levels and eases anxiety or depression due to hormonal changes; and
- Relaxes and soothes the nervous system by discharging endorphins into the body. Thereby, she feels more at ease and relaxed, and it will even help her sleep easily and deeply.
Improves blood flow
- Relieves the load on the heart and eases blood pressure; and
- Encourages the return of blood to the heart and improves blood flow to the placenta and uterus.
Prepares for an easy delivery
- Offers a drug-free, safe and naturally alternate option to relieve pain, particularly since medications are limited while pregnant to protect the unborn child;
- Prepares expectant women for an easy delivery because of its sedating impact on the nervous system, thus stimulating stress relief and relaxation;
- Helps ease several of the regular discomforts experienced by pregnant women, including lower- and upper-back pain, leg cramps, headaches, fatigue and heartburn.
Besides the physical benefits listed above, this type of massage offers expecting women nurturing touch and emotional support through human touch.